Monday, September 3, 2012

More hot air









I love the image of balloons drifting aimlessly over the landscape, but I'm too attached to the illusion of having control over things to be tempted into this type of flying. I mean, I suppose it also would be deliriously carefree to pilot a sailboat without the benefit of rudder and centerboard. 




The lower balloon might have resonated with many at the Republican Convention, but I think Jesus would have spoken out against the jaw-dropping hypocrisy and shameless lies of the party's standard-bearers. I expect the hot air flowing from the Democrats this week will be better: just the usual, largely-accepted hypocrisy of appearing to care about the words they mouth before they resume working on behalf of their corporate sponsors. WWJD, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment